The Third Mainland Bridge will no longer be opened until the end of February, the Federal Controller of Works in Lagos, Mr Olukayode Popoola Sunday has revealed.
The bridge was earlier scheduled to open on Monday, February 15 but Popoola told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on the telephone that the bridge would experience one more total closure from Feb. 19 to 21 before completion of the project for the final re-opening by the end of February.
“Third Mainland Bridge will no longer be opened on the 15th of February 2021 as announced earlier on.
“In order not to create untold hardship for the motoring public using the Third Mainland Bridge for their daily activities, the contractor is not allowed to close the Third Mainland Bridge during the week to cast concrete.
“Lane markings on the completed section must be completed,’’ he said.
Borno Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum has approved the appointment of retired Bri…